Umniah's prepaid roaming service enables you to go abroad and use your mobile phone to make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS. The prepaid roaming service is available on all prepaid Umniah lines.
As a prepaid customer your phone is already setup to be used abroad.
- How do I get the service as a prepaid customer?
Roaming service is available by default for all our prepaid subscribers.
- What is the cost of this service?
There is no monthly fee, no connection fee and no deposit required for prepaid roaming.
- What is the cost of using this service?
The cost for making and receiving calls while roaming depends on the destination (please see the table bellow for further details):
Outgoing calls to Jordan
National & Rest of the World Outgoing Calls
* All calling rates are in JD per minute.
* For rest of the world countries please call umniah customer care service at 1333
The cost of sending an SMS message depends on the visiting network, rates are subject to change without prior notice.
There are two ways to use the prepaid roaming abroad:
Make outgoing calls by using *131*
- By using the *131* method.
- Or by sending an SMS message to 1311.
- Dial *131* followed by the phone number of the destination (using the full international country code) then the # key.
- To call phone numbers from abroad, including mobiles, you’ll need to add *131* before the number.
- Jordan's international country code number is 962
Example: If you want to call Amman number 06 500 5000, dial *131*0096265005000#
How to recharge while roaming abroad using *133*?
(Only available in networks that support *133*)
- Dial *133*
- Followed by the 14 digits number on the back of the scratch card
- The # key
- Press send or Ok.
How to inquire about my balance?
To inquire about your balance while roaming dial *133# (only available in networks that support *131*).
Make outgoing calls by sending an SMS to 1311
- Create a new SMS and insert the complete number you wish to call (ex. 00962 788 553 235) in the textbody.
- Drop the first 0 of the area code. Always include the country code, even if you’re calling a local number.
- Send the message to 1311
- After a few moments your phone will ring, and you will be connected to the requested number.
How to re-recharge your account using SMS to 1311 while abroad ?
- press the * icon followed by the 14 digit number on the back of the scratch card in the message text area.
- Send the message to the following number 1311
- Your new account balance will appear after a few moments, the cost of SMS depends on the operator you are roaming with.
Receiving calls while Roaming?
You can always receive incoming calls when roaming (all incoming calls will be charged as per the above tariff table).
The cost of sending an SMS message while abroad?
The cost of sending an SMS message abroad varies between different networks and is subject to change without prior notice.
Click here to find out more about the list of countries and networks available while roaming.